Monday, November 26, 2007

hawaii?



Here are all our Keens ready for Hawaii! Only now only 2 pair will see the beach in a few weeks! We decided today that we're going to leave Jack in Iowa with our dear friends, the Bolands with Linda and Gary taking a couple days (yet to be determined because of G'pa). Over the weekend we got to thinking about the 10 hours of flying time, time changes, etc. So Jack is going to celebrate Christmas in Iowa and Steve and I will be on the beach! I will miss him like crazy, but after some good conversations with people I've come to realize that he would have more fun here without having to travel. I think the rest of the people on our flight will agree!

FYI...for those of you who don't know that this Hawaii trip is going to be a bittersweet trip for us. My dad and mom had been saving money for years to be able to spend their 25th wedding anniversary in Hawaii on the beach. On December 28th, it would have been my mom and dad's 25th wedding anniversary. My dad invited Nels, Steve and I to go with him to Hawaii to celebrate.

7 comments:

Libby Design said...

Hey guys!

After having made a couple of petty 3 hour flights with two little ones under 4, I think you're making the right choice to let Jack hang out with friends while you head off to Hawaii. It'll feel SO weird to be sitting on the plane without your little man demanding your attention, but you'll be amazed how quickly you adjust back to "wife" mode – where you realize, "Oh my gosh, I have a husband who I love being with!". :) When Chad and I flew to Vegas for our anniversary back in June I felt SO guilty for leaving the kids...but that wore off after about 10 minutes. Hahahaha!

Seriously, though, I hope you guys have a great time...we'll be praying that it's a wonderful time for you guys to celebrate your Mom's time here on earth together as a family. Take care!

Thompson's said...

Wow, what a great experience, but certainly bitter sweet as you said. I'm sure you guys will have a blast as will Jack, soaking up all the love from others! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Thats neat that your Dad is still taking the trip and including you kids. I hope you have a wonderful time.

I know you will miss Jack, but how relaxing, a beach without a kid! hahahaha!!!

Laurie said...

It's always hard to leave them, but important to get some time to yourself too. I'm sure you guys will have a blast and it will be good for all of you to be together.

Can't wait to hear about the trip.

April said...

Hey Aim-
Your Hawaii trip will be much more relaxing, and you will be able to do so much more without little Jack there (although maybe you should have condsidered stuffing me into your suitcase to be Jack's nanny! I could certainly sit on the beach with him. xoxo). Anyways- you have the Bolands and Aunt Linda, so Jack is in GREAT hands. He'll have a blast too-- and be completely spoiled by them!
Hey- maybe we can take Jack to Hawaii in say... about 10 years... instead of the dells?? What do ya think?
YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back. Don't forget your magic towel.
Oh - and when you get back we'll figure out our February meeting.
Love you

Katie said...

I know you will have a wonderful time as a family in Hawaii - and I'm sure Jack will have a blast as well. :) Take lots of pictures - I hear it is beautiful there!

Erin said...

I know you're going to miss Jack on your vacation, but he can look forward to a trip to the Dells this summer, right? I hope that Hawaii is a lot of fun and that you and your family can enjoy the time together and share lots of stories of the past! I'll look forward to lots of pictures. :-)