Saturday, November 10, 2007

G'pa


My grandpa is in the hospital in Iowa City. He's been there since last Wednesday. He has pnemonia(sp?), a blood infection and who knows what else. He was taken my ambulance from Legacy Garden (Memory care place...aka his "big house") to Mercy Hospital. Linda has been staying with him there making sure he is getting the best possible care. She is too sweet. I do get e-mails that talk about her eating ice cream, nachos, etc. So I do have to say she knows how to do it right! I attached a picture of them. My grandpa has been very entertained with Linda's computer and pictures. Linda is also learning how to take digital pictures and send them over e-mail!

Today my dad shot a dear with my grandpa's gun. My grandpa thought that was so neat he got tears in his eyes (is what I'm told). It's so neat to see that even though his memory is not so with it that there are still things from his past that he remembers. He hunted for a lot of years, with my Uncle Lars so who knows what kind of memories it brought up.

Jack and I are heading over next weekend to visit Susie and Aunt Carol who are coming down from Duluth. We all hope and pray that g'pa will be back in his "big house" by then!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I've got your Grandpa in my prayers, Amy. It's never easy to be sick, or to worry about a loved-one who's sick - no matter what age! I'm glad that Linda is there and you are able to get updates.

Yea for your dad and the deer! Hope you'll get a litttle venison out of the deal. :-)

Miss you!

April said...

Hey Amy-
As always, your whole family continues to be in my prayers.....
Love you

Christie said...

"Quick Dick here"- I always think of your Grandpa answering the phone at the lake and smile. The first time I thought he said something about day care.

You know I love you all and my prayers are with each of you. Enjoy your time together next weekend and cherish the little things- I know you do. Hug Linda for me as well. (I kinda get that care-taker stuff- not like her but...)

Love you all and miss you lots,
Christie