Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring "Pause"!

This year our school calendar only had Friday and Monday off for our Spring Break...I heard another teacher last week who called it a Spring Pause, which I think is a much better name for it. Besides the kitchen (see last post) I decided to write about other things we did and share our Easter weekend with everyone.

Thursday night dad and Steve worked on the kitchen and Jack and I went to Wal-Mart and stayed out of their way. Friday we headed to Des Moines for Jack's 18 month pictures at Portrait Innovations, which is a VERY neat and cheap picture place. The best part is you get to pick up your pictures in 1 hour so that's handy. Jack was freaked out by the white background. I'm not sure if it was because the backdrop moved or what but we did manage to get some really cute pictures out of the deal. It's amazing to come home and put them next to the 12 month pictures and see how much he's changed in 6 months. He really looks more like a little boy than a baby. When he sees a picture of himself he says "baby". Maybe it's because everyone has called him "baby Jack" for so long?

He played at the jordan Creek Mall kidsplace, which he LOVES! I know I use to think germ city, but when you want to wear him out for a nap on the way home and he's had to sit in his highchair at lunch and stroller around the mall....it's the only option.



I also went and splurged and got a new haircut and some highlights. I needed something kind of summerish since I've been having my doubts that summer is ever going to come after this winter.

On Saturday, dad and Steve went back to work in the kitchen and Jack and I did other housework. We also let Jack decorate Easter eggs by coloring on them with chalk. I wasn't up to having a huge mess, so I figured it was just as well. I was really looking for chalkboard spray paint to paint them with first, but they don't make it anymore. Only 1 egg hit the floor, so that's not so bad.

No comments: