Sunday, March 2, 2008

March?

Not much new and exciting for us here in Iowa...besides having to shovel snow and scrape ice off of everything many times! Again tonight we're suppose to get a bunch of rain followed by a few inches of snow. Great.

Here is a picture of Jack eating his snack and watching "ball" on TV. That's his favorite thing to watch...thank goodness March Madness is starting so there always seems to be a game on since we don't have cable.



Jack has been keeping us laughing a lot. He's wants to copy everything we do and then do it himself, without our help. We're trying to teach him things like throwing away his diaper, putting dirty clothes away, cleaning up his toys, etc. One of his newest facinations has been with belts. Every morning when he's helping me get ready he wants me to put a belt on him. Here's a funny picture of just how silly this new look is:



We have been having fun setting up our summer calendar. First we start off with Jack and I heading to April and Jesse's wedding in Cook! We're also looking forward to a week at Timbuktu with the Bolands around the 4th of July. After that we're going to go for a week to Lake Ellen Camp (where we use to live) for the high school mission trip. I'm excited to be able to go and bring Jack. Followed by in August we're heading to Trout Lake Camp for a week where Steve is going to be a seminar leader for middle schoolers, again Jack and I will tag along!

Can you tell I'm sick of winter and ready for a change of pace? Our spring calendar is filling up quickly as it always does with graduation stuff, end of the school year stuff and we're in desperate need of some house repairs...broken garage door, new gutters, etc. We've talked my dad into coming down to help with those over Easter weekend, which is my 3 day long Spring Break!

Today it's suppose to be 50 degrees here! YIPEE! I'm hoping to head out for a walk after church with my friend, Debra.

4 comments:

April said...

I am ready for SPRING too! I hope it comes soon. :)

Funny- Jack goes from dog leashes to belts. He is so precious. We look forward to you both joining us in June. I know Jack will be ready to dance! I wish Steve were able to come, though I understand you two are SOO BUSY!- Good luck with finishing up all those projects! I am glad your dad is so willing to help out~ such a good guy!

I hope the recipe works for ya. Talk in the morning. Oh- yea- and Laura went to a chiropractor the other day and he asked where she was from... and then he said " Do you know Amy B? I went to Montana with her."....
Happy March.

Erin said...

Looks like Jack knows his fashion - belts are in! ;-)

Hope you enjoyed your 2 hour delay, and that milder weather finds you guys SOON!

Unknown said...

Éowyn always does that with Josh's belts....I love when they start copying everything. Glad things are well with you all.

Christie said...

I'd watch Basketball with Jack any day. Thanks for letting me come stay and especially for letting me spend the day with Jack. It has been too long and will be TOOOOO long once again. Glad you summer is full of great times. Before you know it I'll be back and you'll hardly realize I was gone.

Thanks for again for the hospitality.
Go March Madness
Love you all,
Christie