Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pumpkin Time!



We were going to head to the pumpkin patch today, but we decided after all the running around we've done that it might be best for all of us to just stay home for a day. Since Halloween is in a few days we decided to head out and get some pumpkins at Earl May, for 99 cents! What a deal! Jack thought he needed to try to pick up the biggest one he could find. Notice my feet behind him so he won't fall over on the jagged rocks! We came home and tried to take some other pictures since it was so sunny and nice outside.

Steve planted a tree that my Aunt Linda and Uncle Gary brought down from Lake Vermilion. The really neat thing about this tree is that my Uncle Lars (who passed away 2 1/2 years ago) was the one who planted the tree by the lake at Timbuktu. They had to take it out for some other planting projects, and now it's planted in our back yard in Iowa. My Uncle Lars was a really special person in my life growing up and taught me a lot about life. I'm so grateful to have the tree in my yard to go along with my many precious memories of him. Here is a picture of Jack by the tree.




5 comments:

April said...

Hi Amy! Those are some sweet pictures of Jack and you/Steve.... You are such an adorable family!
I'm glad that you were able to get Lars' tree planted. What a nice reminder of what a strong person he was! I am glad Linda/Gary brought it to you. Does that mean your dad is renovating Timbuktu??
Auntie April is still planning a trip to Iowa....
Big Hugs.

Katie said...

Hey Amy! GREAT pictures - especially Jack picking up the pumpkin!

Erin said...

I love the pumpkin picking up... it looks like it weighs as much as Jack! Thanks for sharing the story of the tree. It's so nice to have those reminders of the special people who've helped make us who we are! Missing you guys!!!

Wallestads said...

Hi, Amy! Cute pictures. Isn't fall such a fun time for taking photos! I am planning to put some new pictures of Evan into our blog soon. We took some fun ones on Friday.

April said...

PS- Hey- I'm waiting for some pictures of my favorite little monkey...
xoxo