Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy Birthday!

So today I turned 29....now I am SO old! It was a good day, enjoyed by lots of brownies that were brought by my teaching partners. :) I also was blessed to go out for supper with Steve, Jack and part of the Boland family. We went to El Portal, my favorite mexican restaurant. Steve surpised me with tickets to the Rockette's Christmas Show in Des Moines in December. He even planned out a babysitter! Impressive, huh? Jack gave me some Silpada jewelry, that was one of those things I bought and said it was To: Mom, From: Jack!

We have been busy enjoying the cool weather. We actually had to turn the heat on yesterday. Last weekend it was so hot (90 degrees) that we had the air conditioning on. Iowa weather I guess.

Tomorrow we head to Iowa City to visit my grandpa at his "vacation home" (aka Legacy Gardens, a memory care place). He says it's the biggest home he's ever lived in. So it's entertaining to go and visit and everyone there talks about baby Jack, even the workers are excited for him to come. G'pa is very content in his home as long as we don't tell him he's in Iowa. :)

The best treat about the weekend is that Linda is going to watch Jack for the day on Saturday so Steve and I can enjoy some time together. We plan on heading to Chipotle, since it's the first one that's opened in Iowa.

Hope everyone is doing well!

5 comments:

April said...

Glad you enjoyed your bday! And- for the record, I enjoyed some dessert in your honor!
The Rockettes, huh?? Sounds like fun.... What a hubby!

love you

Laurie said...

Happy 29th Birthday Amy!!! I love your blog. It's great to see updated pictures of what's going on in Iowa.

Erin said...

I'm happy to hear your 29th Birthday was a good one! Nice that you had your boys and good friends to celebrate with! Hope the trip to see your Grandpa is a fun one! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday...I love the burritos at Chiptole. Liz =)

Libby Design said...

Hello old roomie! Glad to hear things are going well for the better half of "Aimey2". :) Wow, I "accidently" stumbled across Christie's blog and then found yours!! I'm so excited!!! I thought of you the other day when it was your birthday...I have this weird thing where I remember EVERY person's birthday I've ever known. That probably sounds stalkerish. Anyway, happy birthday!!

We think of you guys often even though we haven't done the best job keeping in touch since college. I can't believe how big (and adorable!!) Jack is. They grow up SO fast! Our kids are getting huge and it seems like each day goes by faster than the previous day.

Enough rambling, but I'm so glad I can follow along with how things are going for you guys. Take care!