Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 9 - Glacier National Park

Yesterday we went to Glacier National Park!

Henry was reading the map for us...yes, it was sideways and backwards.

We went on a hike to Avalanche Lake...it was so muddy! Jack walked the 2 miles into the lake, I couldn't believe it! We carried Henry because he would have been in all the mud and loved every moment of it. They both got carried out or we would still be on the trail.

We saw a black bear on the trail. I couldn't believe it stayed that close.

Avalanche Lake. It was incredible views! The waterfalls were coming off the mountains and you could hear them. There was so much snow left.

Avalanche Gorge

We didn't get to go on Going to the Sun Road because it was still closed from all the snow. So I guess we'll just have to come back out sometime.

We went out to eat at Mackenzie River Pizza Company. It was so yummy! What a treat after hiking all day.

In this cute town on Flathead Lake is a town called Lakeside. They have this decoy police car and policeman sitting in it. I couldn't believe it! I laughed so hard I was crying. Check out his mustache and glasses. Not to mention the car says "Lakeside Decoy". They move the car every so often. Can you imagine that job? Slide over the mummy and change locations.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I wish I could have been with you when you drove past that cop car! HA HA!! Beautiful pictures!