Friday, May 1, 2009

New Career!

I am officially a stay at home mom! Yipee! I do have to go back and teach the last 4 days of school this year, to finish my contract. But I will not be returning for next year. Our district is cutting positions, so I decided that I'm saving some poor 1st year teacher her job! I'm so excited to be able to spend more time investing in raising my own kids! Challenging, I know...but worth it! At least I'll give it a try and see how I like it. Okay, to be honest I just got done filling out a job application for my next job! I'm going to teach the parent/tot swim class at our local YMCA. The bonus is that if I work 1 hour a week I get my family membership for free! Who can pass that up? I'll teach 1 class a week to start with. We'll see if they talk me into getting my Lifeguard Certification again...

7 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, Amy, that is great! I can tell you from my own experience as a stay at home mom when my kids were little that you will never regret it. I am happy for you and I guarantee your boys will be more happy than you will ever know. I wish you the very best in your new career! Becky Peterson (mom to Aaron, Aimee, Jesse, and Brandon)

Thompson's said...

I'm so excited for you. The spot at the Y sounds perfect...a few hours doing your own thing and given the awesome Y you guys have....free membership? I'd say you found a win-win.

We HAVE to plan a weekend together...although that is getting trickier since we all keep having more kids!!!

April said...

Yay, Aim! I am so happy for you! I'm glad things are working just as you wanted!
Give those boys a little squeeze from me.
Love you!

Erin said...

That's awesome, Amy! You and the boys have lots of great days ahead of you!
I'm anxious to hear how working at the Y goes! What a great deal!

Katie said...

this new set up sounds PERFECT for you!! that is so great!

Libby Design said...

How exciting!!! It is a pretty sweet deal to be able to be home with your kiddos but still have a little something that's "yours" to help you keep your sanity. :) We're super excited for you guys! Have a great summer and be sure to let us know when you'll be up visiting - we'd love to meet up with you!!

Wallestads said...

Congratulations!

I sometimes wish we could swing something like this financially... but I would need something small as well. Good for you guys!

Enjoy your last few days in the classroom. :)