Sunday, September 7, 2008

big boy bed!

We got Jack a twin bed for this 2nd birthday (even though it's not until the 15th). I thought it would take them at least a few days to deliver the bed, but they came an hour after we bought it. No more than 15 minutes after the bed was here and set up it was nap time. Jack told me he didn't want to sleep in his crib, because that was for babies so he napped on his bed. Amazing. Then when it was time for bed, he wanted to sleep in his bed. At this time I was thinking that we'll be up 10 times in the night with him getting up, etc. He went to bed and didn't wake up until morning when some random alarm went off in his room. We're crossing our fingers that this transition is easier than we were thinking it was going to be. I'll try to take a picture of the bed, but it's even cuter to see him sleeping in it. I'll have to try at a nap time so the flash doesn't wake him up.

Steve's parents have been here for the weekend, so we did an early celebration for Jack (one party out of 3 total). He got a Fisher Price House from them, which he has spent a great deal of time playing with already. At least now the people from the house are bigger then when I was a kid because those things hurt when you stepped on them.

Yes, I also survived the 1st 2 weeks of school with kids. I did figure out when you loop (have the same class for 2 years) you don't get the nice "honeymoon" period that you do when they're new. I guess they're too comfortable with you and each other. Great. They are pretty fascinated with the fact that I'm pregnant, I think they're really excited to have a sub from Feb-May they just don't want to tell me that.

2 comments:

April said...

I can't wait to see that big boy in his big boy bed! It's crazy that 2 years have already gone by.....

I know what you mean about not having the honeymoon period with your kids. Same here-- but it's sure nice to know their personalities along with their strengths/weaknesses!
See you in a few weeks!

Erin said...

How exciting that Jack is loving his new bed. Now the crib will be ready for the next baby!

Glad you've survived the first couple weeks of school. Hope this next one goes well!

Looking forward to seeing you soon.