Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow day!



YES! No school in Marshalltown! We got about 8 inches of heavy, wet snow and since we live in Iowa that means they cancel school. It's amazing how long it takes them to clean the streets. I think they have all of 1 working city snowplow. It's so annoying. The other thing that's annoying is that every snow day we have gets tacked on to the end of the year so we just have to go to school that much longer. At the rate we're going maybe we'll be out by July 4th!

However, even if we have to go longer I am enjoying my day at home with Jack and Steve. Poor Jack still has his cough and runny nose and without being able to give him any over the counter medicine for coughs he has to go back to the doctor tomorrow to rule out pnemonia (sp?) and ear infections. He's kept us up at night with his coughing and isn't able to take very long naps (which he really needs!). I'm praying the doctor will be able to give him something besides just more nebulizer treatments. We'll see...

4 comments:

April said...

Wow- I wish I were teaching in Iowa today! It would have been fun to be together playing outside on a snow day with you guys!....
I hope the appt goes well tomorrow for Jack. He is such a happy little guy. I am anxious to give him a big squeeze!

Erin said...

Hope Jack is feeling better soon. Glad to see you had a little time off - sorry you'll have to make it up!

Miss you!

Sarah said...

Poor Jack!

We bought a house! We really did it, so next time you guys come up you'll be able to stay with us. We actually signed off on this one a everything, so we just have to wait to close on March 28, which seems like forever, but will be here before we know it!

I need a little Jack fix! I taught Jada how to say "auntie" - it's so cute! she says "awdie", but close enough!

Congrats of the triathalon! I am taking ballet! I'll show you my moves next time we see you!

love you guys!

Thompson's said...

Woo-hoo for snow days...boo-hoo for making them up later! Don't they build in any snow days to the year? That's dumb:-)

Hope Jack is feeling better and he can get some relief so mom and dad can get relief as well.