Saturday, June 13, 2009

Week at school...

Grammy came last Monday to stay for the week while I headed back to teach school for 3 days and have a teacher work day on Friday. I typed up a schedule and a list of phone numbers for her to have.

It was SO weird to be headed back to school...walking down the halls, opening my classroom door...just like an old routine. I re-introduced myself to my 6th graders, which they all thought was funny so that broke the ice. They were so quiet when I first got there, it was kind of nice. But that didn't last too long as they all had something to fill me in on (since I was their teacher for 1 1/2 school years before Henry came). Tuesday and Wednesday were days with the students, very long days that is! I was trying to pack up all their junk from over the past 2 years and pack up my stuff too. So it looked like a disaster, but it all came together in the end. On Thursday we took the kids bowling, on a picnic, and to the Aquatic Center. By the time we got back and had 30 minutes or so left in the day they were all sitting in their seats tired! Mission accomplished!

Friday was a teacher work day. The teachers in my neighborhood put on a wonderful shower for Henry, Jamison (another new baby this year) and a bride. So there were three of us getting attention, which was nice because I hate all the attention in situations like that. Henry of course was smiling and cooing for all to see and hear. Henry got a lot of new clothes, and money and giftcards towards a Jumperoo.


Jack left with Linda Friday night and so it's been just Henry and I home! It's been a really nice break. I've been relaxing, getting house stuff done, and all at the same time missing Jack! The house is so quiet without him here.

4 comments:

Thompson's said...

ENJOY your quiet time:-) I'm sure you're just sitting around eating bon bons. ha! And if your boys don't look practically like twins...whoa! Very cute:-)

Hope we get to see you soon!

April said...

Amy- I can't believe how much Henry has grown in the last month! That is crazy.....
Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Have fun with Grammy Linda and your boys.
Love you.

Wallestads said...

Henry is getting SO big!

Erin said...

I'm glad your last days of school went well. How crazy to have to go back, but maybe a good send off into being a work at home mom!

That little Henry is so cute, and getting to big!

Glad Grammy Linda got some time to spoil Jack all by himself. I bet he loves that!

Love the update!