Friday, June 19, 2009

home again...


We went to Iowa City on Monday to pick up Jack, and turned around on Tuesday and came home. Good thing it's only a 90 minute drive! Jack had too much fun at Grammy's for the weekend, and it was time to get him back on a routine. He slept a lot the first couple days back!

So basically Henry, Jack and I have been hanging out since. The weather has been pretty rainy, but we did manage to venture to the pool a couple times. The one thing I've had a hard time with is trying to get the lawn mowed. Everytime both boys are sleeping it starts to rain (the past 2 days) and you know what rain does to the grass, makes it grow like crazy! Oh well!

Here is a day in the life of "1 mom and 2 boys" as Jack would say:

Wednesday night:

12:00am--- Thunderstorm starts...dog freaks out and tries to get under the bed. I'm awake. 2:00-3:30 --- dog keeps freaking out and claws out and back under the bed over and over. Thankfully the boys slept through it!

So that was the start to my long day, here is part of the rest:
- Henry pees on me when I change him (he hasn't done this forever)...all over the blanket, clean diaper, my pj's, etc. Not 2 seconds after I get that all cleaned up he spits up all over everything!

- Jack is having a bad day with potty training...somehow proceeds to pee (through his pants) on a couch pillow that thankfully is on the floor. That was one of many accidents through the day.

- Henry is laying on the floor and Jack thinks he needs to use his head as a step to get on the couch! I was so mad at him.

Along with my patience quickly running out...there have been a couple things that make me smile and remind me of why 2 little ones really bring me a lot of joy!

- Jack uses Henry's jumperoo as a microphone, which makes Henry jump all over, or dance as Jack calls it

- A conversation like this after lunch: (while Jack playing his guitar) "Mom, do you know this song...Beat It, Just beat it)". Mom: "yes, I've heard that song before. Jack: "It's Michael Jackson". Mom: "Where did you hear that song?" Jack: "Grammy". And he goes on and sings it for me. He is something else. Just like one day in the car he asked me if the song on the radio was Toby Mac?

- Henry sleeping from 7:30 to 7:00 in the morning! Yes!

Yes, sometimes they kind of entertain each other.

Henry is getting so huge! He has a really long torso. If it buttons like a onesie he is wearing 12 month clothes! Otherwise it's pretty much 9 month size. No matter what he wears he could fit 2 of himself in the outfit because they are so wide! It of course depends on the brand. So I'm washing Jack's summer clothes from when he was 10 months old for Henry (who is only 5 months old)! Crazy!

PS- Come home Steve, we miss you! I can't believe we still have until next Thursday. Good thing Linda is coming back next Monday or I think I would lose my mind.

11 comments:

April said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Michael Jackson story! He is so funny. I hope he'll perform that for me in a couple of weeks. In fact, I'd like to see him and Linda do a nice rendition of that together..... maybe we can order that up in August?? I can just picture them together..... what a riot!
Love you.

Thompson's said...

Wow you have your hands full! Sounds like you're taking it all in stride, though. You have to laugh or you'll go nuts!!! Hang in there...you'll appreciate Steve a whole bunch more when he gets back:-)

Katie said...

The microphone thing is awesome! You must be counting the hours till Steve comes home - I know I would be!

Sarah said...

just a day in the life, huh?!! i miss those boys! i just weighed emery and he is sixteen pounds on the dot. i think he's holding steady on the weight thing and starting to grow taller. oh, and guess what? i saw two teeth coming in on the bottom! the right one has broken through (barely) and the left one is visible through the gums!!! can you believe that? he's not quite four months old yet! by the time we see you guys, he'll probably have at least one tooth coming in!

speaking of which, we can't wait to see you guys. we found respite for the kids if they are still here and don't go to their grandma's house, so seth is off thursday through monday. we are very excited!

love you all!

Joan said...

least you got to see that "joanna" girl at the pool!

April said...

sweet new layout.

Kate said...

Little boys are tons of fun aren't they--as long as they don't drive you totally bonkers!! :) I admire your ability to keep a good attitude while Steve is away. Days without Daddy always make me crazy.

Houseofmills said...

Hey...so I am thinking of starting up a blogspot. I actually did. Just trying to figure it out, etc....

Have you ever tried printing your blogs out? I want to keep a journal and print all my blogs out. I wonder how that works?

Erin said...

Such fun stories, Amy!

Glad you've got all of the Stepec crew under one roof again.

April said...

i need an update.
xoxo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.