Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Y Tri



Some teachers and I did an indoor triathalon last Saturday morning. It was a blast! I did the swimming part, Kim (teacher across the hall) did the running part and one of the school secretaries (Kathy) did the biking part. Our 2 goals were to survive and have fun, we accomplished both. The other good part was that we didn't even come in dead last in the team division. There was another Lenihan School team, so it was fun to have a little friendly competition. All the proceeds went to provide underpriveldged youth with Y memberships.

Here is a picture of my arm, since they changed the number 3 times it looks like Jack got ahold of the sharpie marker!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on doing a triathalon! :) I love the picture of your arm - Is it really a sharpie?! You should let us know how long it takes to fade!

April said...

Looks great Amy! Thanks for the update! A triathalon....you are so motivated. I am glad you have some fun teachers to work with.
See you in 2 weeks!
Love you

Libby Design said...

Dang! Check out those PIPES! :)

Sounds like you had a blast...good times for a great cause!

Thompson's said...

Glad you had fun doing a triathlon...so when are you going to accomplish one doing all three legs by yourself? Ha...that might take the fun right out of it:-)

Laura B. said...

Very cool accomplishment, Amy!

Wallestads said...

I'm in complete awe. I have a tough time swimming two laps, let alone.... yikes! You're one awesome chick!

Erin said...

Yea for Amy! Glad it went well.