Saturday, January 5, 2008

Grandpa Lavine




My Grandpa passed away last night at 2:00am, Linda said it was peaceful and he was ready to go. He lived such an amazing life, and I am VERY thankful that he was willing to share so many things with all of us. I don't even know where to start....with many trips to Arizona, building Timbuktu with his own hands, teaching us grandkids how to ski and golf (because those are lifelong sports). He will be truly missed by all. We are so thankful for the many memories he has left us with. I pray that we will use those to get through this time.

Here are some pictures in memory of him:



6 comments:

April said...

What an amazing grandpa, Amy. I am glad you have so many wonderful memories.
We're thinking about all of you...
Sending big hugs!

Erin said...

Thank you for sharing some of your Grandpa memories. What a great man! Bill and I have you and your family in our prayers. Love you!

Libby Design said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. He was definitely one-of-a-kind. I'll never forget the time we were up at the lake right after I'd had my wisdom teeth out. You and Raku were tubing and he came out to the end of the dock where I was sitting watching with my swollen chipmunk cheeks. He asked why I wasn't tubing with you...I replied, "Because I just threw up...again." And in typical Grandpa Lavine style he told me I needed to "buck up" and "get out there". :)

We'll sure be praying for you guys at this time. Thanks for sharing the pics and special memories!!

Laurie said...

Amy, our thoughts are with you. We had so many wonderful times at Timbuktu and your Grandpa was an amazing person, always cheerful and made everyone feel at home. He will be greatly missed.

Christie said...

I am thankful to have known your Grandpa. How blessed we both have been to have Grandpas who not only loved us dearly but spent so much time teaching us, guiding us, entertaining our friends with us and mostly making us laugh and letting us know just how they felt about us. I know you'll always carry your Grandpa with you and I pray that at the most random times you'll have a memory come to mind that makes you smile and laugh.

Love you lots and I am praying for you all!

Unknown said...

so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Thats neat that you were so close to him..I wish I had a closer relationship with my grandparents.
Liz =)