Thursday, January 24, 2008

cold, cold, cold!

I thought I was a tough "Minnesotan" but I'm beginning to have my doubts. It has been freezing here! I just keep thinking that before I know it we'll be sitting by the pool wishing it would just cool down! My family is all coming for the weekend to celebrate Grandpa Lavine's life. Laura, Craig and Nora all flew in from various states and Kate, Gary and Linda will head over from cities in Iowa and my dad and brother are due in anytime from Minnesota. They are all staying at our house, so we'll have a full house filled with many laughs I am sure. Everywhere we go Jack is on the hunt for a ball. Last weekend when Linda came we headed to Target where they have those huge,round,red cement decorations and when we got out of the car Jack kept saying, "ball, ball, ball" and I thought he just wanted one until we walked past those things and he was trying to tell me that he found a ball. He also likes to throw the ball off the wall, attempt to kick it around the house and of course make baskets in his little hoop.

3 comments:

Thompson's said...

What a fun time for you whole family to be able to get together. You're awfully daring having them all stay at your place! Hopefully it's warming up there as it is here in the "Nortland" and you guys can get outside this weekend.

Enjoy the time with your family!

rachelalt said...

Have a great weekend with your family. I was going to try to call you tonight but I figured you are busy having many laughs with everyone...I catch up with you soon. Miss ya!

Erin said...

I hope you're having a great weekend with your family. It's nice that everyone was able to come together!

Sounds like Jack is busy as ever. I'm looking forward to my next chance to see him. I bet he's getting so big!

Take care, Amy!