Saturday, July 17, 2010

change.

Change. I know it has to happen in life, but my question is why does it have to be so hard? I like to tell myself I'm good with change. But I guess I'm really not.

After a lot of thought and prayer, our lives are about to change a lot. Steve has resigned from his current job, and will take over as "Stay-at-home Dad Extraordinaire" while I go back to work. It has all been a God thing because I got my old job back, in my old classroom with my friend teaching across the hall. It will be good (I think) to get back into teaching and be around people I enjoy.

It's just hard to say good-bye to the people at church. We have been going there for the past 6 1/2 years and have established great relationships. I know they don't have to change, but I know they will. Steve's last Sunday is August 1st. If you could pray for us as we make this transition we would appreciate it.

4 comments:

Libby Design said...

We're praying for you guys!! ;)

April said...

Change is never easy...

I'll be thinking of you guys- hoping this transition goes well. I'm sure it will, things always seem to work out. ;)

Of course I am REALLY looking forward to having you here for a few weeks! xoxo

Erin said...

I'm thinking of you and praying for you guys. I hope the transition will be easy and rewarding for all of you.

Love you, Amy!

Thompson's said...

Wow! Great update. Any chance we'll see you while you're up this way???