Saturday, December 1, 2007

stepec christmas



We traveled to Duluth on Thursday night after school and work. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Canal Park. I told the lady at the desk, "when you grew up in MN and now live in IA you have to stay at a place where you can see water!". It was a fun hotel and a great view of the lake, since it was FREEZING cold we really enjoyed sitting by the heater and looking out the window. We had December birthdays on Friday night, followed by Christmas this morning. It was fun to watch Jada and Jack attempt to play together. They are both very easy going so that was nice!


Here is a picture of Jack and Steve both on the computers. Jack is very fascinated with buttons, remote controls, and loves computers. He was in heaven when the hotel had a keyboard to use for some TV internet thing. It was too cute!




We started to head home today but the roads are bad here with snow and blowing snow. In Iowa they are ice covered...so we made it as far as the cities tonight (Lino Lakes) and are staying in a hotel. We are actually staying a mile or so away from the Mills family! So we're going to venture over and visit and let Jack play in house and get rid of some energy before we have a long night in the hotel room!

4 comments:

April said...

I'm glad the Stepec family Christmas went well. And- I am glad you stayed in MPLS.
We will have to meet up soon. I can't believe how big Jack is getting! Time sure flies.
I'm sure I'll talk to you in a bit. Have a safe trip.
love you

Thompson's said...

I'm glad you decided to stay and not continue on. We thought of you a few times yesterday, wondering how far you made it or if you even left Duluth! Glad everybody is safe:-)

Katie said...

I was wondering if you were going to make it home or not! I'm glad you stopped. It was nice meeting up for coffee!

Laura B. said...

I'm glad you had a good pre-Christmas celebration! I also hope your trip to Hawaii is a good one--