Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 3 - Rapid City




We had a wonderful day today too! Of course we were up early and ready to go since now we're in Mountain Time Zone. We had a day filled with all kinds of new adventures...

First we were off to Mount Rushmore. I went when I was in high school, but it is so different to go now that I'm all grown up! :) It is incredible. It was fun to teach Jack the names and live it through his eyes. He was so amazed and kept telling me that he finally got to see Mount Rushmore for real!

Our second part of our adventure was to Custer State Park. I also went through this on a family vacation (when you traveled with my mom you held nothing back!). So Jack was set with his binoculars and Henry was fast asleep when we came across the first herd of buffalo. There is no way you could miss those things...they were huge! It was so funny to see them roaming through campgrounds and resorts. We also saw and hugged (Jack) a burro. Talk about some friendly animals!

Buffalo herd behind Jack

Taken from view van window. I need to learn a little more about the buffalo....they are so fascinating looking!

Jack hugging a burro. Still can't believe he did that!

Last night in a hotel tonight! Until the journey home...tomorrow we're off to Montana! Can't wait!

2 comments:

april said...

Love keeping tabs on you through your blog!
Have fun at Sue's. I'm sure you will be busy. :)
love you!

Katie said...

I'm loving all these updates!!!