Thursday, August 14, 2008

Timbuktu Visit #2!



Jack's favorite person...."Knuckles"! He still talks about him everyday at home. The conversation goes something like this...Jack: "Call Knuckles?" Mom: "No, not now" Jack: "Knuckles workin'" Nels is the only person that Jack will talk to on the phone. He won't even talk to Steve or I.

We (Jack and I) were at the lake for 2 weeks. It was too fun! Jack was such an entertainer to everyone that came to visit or walked by. He is not bashful that’s for sure…I wonder where he gets that from?

We had my grandpa’s memorial service on the 26th, so that was a good time of closure for us to have some extended family and friends around for the weekend. We had the service right at the lake, just like he would have wanted. Jack wanted to keep playing the piano during the service…so we hung out in the back. Jack was clean for the morning and during the service, as soon as the service was over he was in the sand and water. Which was his daily routine….once he was clean and dry he would be wet and dirty….thank goodness for a washer and dryer right there.
Before:

After:

It was fun to be able to see Trisha, April and Erin whenever I wanted to. Now we’ll have to resort to blogs, emails and phone calls until we meet again. Maybe a scrapbooking/card making weekend in the cities this Fall?

Jack was all over the yummy Minnesota blueberries. He would eat them by the handful, I finally had to cut him off after he would eat a bowl at one sitting. Thank you to dad for picking them for Jack!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Amy, we loved having you around. Thanks for coming over and making cards - and for letting me tag along to Virginia and Hoyt Lakes.

I was just thinking about our trip to the cities last fall, and I'm getting anxious to plan another for this year! I've got my card supplies ready!

Sounds like you're having a good time back home with your guys. Keep it up and enjoy the last couple days of vacation!

Love you!

April said...

It was GREAT being able to spend so much time with you and your family! I am so glad you were up for so long!
I, too, am looking forward to another meeting in MPLS this fall~ let's start planning!
Glad you had fun at Trout Lake- (am also happy you are home because i've missed our talks!)
love you aim