Sunday, September 23, 2007

weekend of fun

Our weekend has been filled with fun and excitement! On Friday evening we took Jack out in hopes of finding some shoes that would fit his fat foot (I swear it's as fat as it is long). We headed to Des Moines to try our luck there since I have tried to shove his foot into every pair of shoes I could find in Marshalltown. We did have some luck at Sheels (a sports store with an 80 foot oak tree in the middle). He got some brown Merrell's. They are so cute! If it wasn't 90 degrees outside I'd put them on and take a picture to post.

Saturday was the Oketemberfest parade, which Jack missed because he was sound asleep in his crib for his morning nap. I couldn't believe he slept that long since people were lined up outside our house for the parade...marching bands, police cars, screaming kids, etc. He slept for 2 hours, so just when Jack and I were headed to meet Steve and some of the youth everyone else was leaving the parade.

Last night Steve and I ate the BEST carmel apples from the candy store downtown for supper and watched Blades of Glory...which was actually kind of funny!

Today, Steve is going back to work for the afternoon and evening and Jack and I are going with some friends to an apple orchard. I've never been to one, so I'm excited about that!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oooh, your weekend sounds like so much fun! I am LOVING that you guys had caramel apples for dinner. Did they have any fun candy pieces like the ones in the Dells?

Sounds like Jack's been having a ton of fun as well. Enjoy the apple orchard. I'm excited to see some pictures... and perhaps have a sample of the pie you're going to bring us next weekend. :-) ??

April said...

You're so busy, Aim! Mmmm carmel apples.... delicious!
I can't believe Jack slept through all that noise... sorry you missed out, but I am sure it is better than dealing with a tired boy!
See you SOON!!!
xoxo

Thompson's said...

Wow, whatever you did to get a good sleeper is what I'll try to mimic...that is AWESOME that you don't have to be all quiet and hushed when Jack is catching a nap.

Sounds like you have plenty of fun activities keeping you busy- can't go wrong with an apple orchard!