Friday, September 14, 2012

Month of June

Okay, I know this is going backwards but this is the only way I can think of to get the blog back up-to-date! I thought about it and didn't want to skip the summer because we were getting adjusted to a new town, friends, etc. It was hard at times but we're coming through on the other side.

We officially moved to Albert City on June 2nd.  I can't explain to you the emotions as our entire house (that we LOVED) was being packed up into the back of a semi.  It was hard to leave our first house that we had bought and spent a lot of time fixing up to be just the way we wanted it.  We lived in Marshalltown for 8 1/2 years and our house for 8 years.  Of course I was experiencing all these emotions while having a 5 week old baby.  I still have memories of walking back through the house with all the rooms empty as I reflected in each room the tears were falling and I could hardly face that we then had to say good-bye to our friends, who became more like family to us.  Looking back at this time it still brings tears to my eyes. Thank you friends for everything! We love and miss you terribly!

Loading the semi....can't believe how much stuff we had!
We were thankfully able to all ride in the van together, another person that came to help us move from Albert City drove our car.  That was such a relief, I was wondering how I  was going to drive a van with 3 kids and deal with all the emotions I was having.  The church sent a van of people to help us and a semi to haul our things.  Once we arrived in Albert City to our "new" house there seemed to be 1/2 the town here to greet us.  I seriously think that there were 30 people waiting to unload our things and help us set up our house.  We took a break and people had prepared a meal, and then it was back to helping us set up.  We arrived in Albert City around 5:00 and went to bed that night with all our beds set up and made and our kitchen unpacked.  What a blessing!

Bapa came to help and we took a night off to go to Storm Lake
We spent the rest of the month getting settled and organized.  My dad came to help with the big organizing (the garage and basement), Linda came and helped with the kids (just when I was having a break-down) so that was perfect timing, and the Bolands came to help me decorate! 

Evelyn at 2 months old

Father's Day picture of Super Dad

2 months old....a great sleeper at night!
Swimming at the local pool, walking to the library and playing with new friends at the church park quickly filled our days.   Our neighbor hosted a baby shower for Evelyn and I, which was a great time of getting to know ladies in town.  Our goal was to not drive anywhere unless we left town, which I think we accomplished that goal!  I was also introduced to Bunco as a ladies night event once a month so that was a nice mom's night out!

Stay tuned for July and August!