Saturday, January 3, 2009

Last days of vacation!

So I find myself sitting here thinking...I can't believe I have to go back to work on Monday. Yuck! At least I only have to go back for a month at the most, and then I'll be off for the rest of the year. So I thought I'd better post tonight with some pictures of things we've done over break since the craziness will soon begin!

We had a wonderful Christmas Break. Steve had some vacation days left, so he was around a lot of it so that was a special treat for the 3 of us to do things together. My dad and brother came back for Christmas so that was fun. Jack was so excited this year about presents! He thinks Santa only gives candy canes, so we made sure to put a candy cane in his stocking and his mouth dropped open! He had fun opening presents, and was trying to figure out why they weren't all for him. The Lavine side came over for a night, but of course Iowa weather (ice/sleet/snow) came in and they ended up leaving early the next morning. Bummer! That's what we get for trying to do Christmas in Iowa instead of warm and sunny Arizona where we usually have it.


Knuckles and Jack swimming at the Y. We wore Jack right out since he swam for almost 2 hours!

We took Jack to the Iowa Children's Museum for a day, and he loved it! He had fun playing in the grocery store, and the cash register. It was a great day! I can't wait to take him back.

To sum up our break...relaxing would be the word! No one would get out of bed until almost 8:00, and we had no place to rush off to. It was a well needed break from our crazy lives!

4 comments:

Thompson's said...

Sounds like a very nice and relaxing time off of work. Sorry you have to go back:-( By the way...I keep FORGETTING you're having another baby soon- just exactly where are the pix of you being prego??? You'd better post one soon! I'll be looking for it.

Wallestads said...

We're in mourning over the loss of our break as well. It is always SO nice, but it goes WAY TOO fast!

Enjoy your last day... and the last days of your pregnancy! Good luck--we'll be anxiously waiting for news and pictures! :)

Erin said...

I'm so glad you were able to relax and enjoy your break. I'm wishing you a great couple of weeks (or days... or whatever) as you head back to school tomorrow.

April said...

Love the pic of Knuckles and Jack swimming....

Though I love my kids, I am not ready to go back either..... lucky duck- I'm predicting 2 weeks for you. :)
(and- I agree with your friend that you need to post a prego picture! I miss that cute belly!)
We're thinking about another girl's trip this Pres Day vacation to Icy Iowa..... just think, if we got stuck in your house again, we could eat nachos galore and have 2 little ones to squeeze!
Love ya!