Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Aloha from Hawaii!




Aloha from Hawaii!

The internet in our condo is only in the common area, needless to say I haven’t been sitting down there too often. So I decided that it was time to send out some pictures and up-date on our Hawaii trip.

Steve and I had to leave Marshalltown a day early due to weather, so we stayed at a park and fly hotel in Des Moines right across from the airport. Our flight left on time the next morning, so everything worked out perfectly.

The first day here we visited the beach…..went out to eat, and made a trip to Best Buy. Steve and I forgot to pack our digital camera charger. So now we’re the owners of 2! That’s what happens when you have to pack in a few hours and get things ready to leave town a day early.

For Christmas Eve we went out to eat at this place on the beach and did some shopping. It’s too bad that nothing around here is shut down for the holidays. Poor workers!

Today we went out for breakfast at Lulu’s on the beach (very yummy!) and then hiked up Diamond Head. Tons of stairs…one of the longest 0.8 mile hikes 1 way that I’ve ever been on. Then we drove to another beach called Kailua, which was beautiful but very windy and cold. The drive over on the Pali highway was really neat. We visited the lookout which was VERY windy, as you’ll be able to check out from the picture.



Nels and Steve finished off the day with a little surfing! My dad and I were in charge of taking pictures and my main mission is to read my book and not have to deal with 5th graders or Jack. I took surfing lessons the last time I was here, so if the boys end up renting a board later this week I might have to give it a try. We’ll see what happens.



We’ve had a wonderful time so far, and have tons more things planned that we have to do before the week is over.

Jack is having fun in Iowa and from what we heard today got a ton of presents.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I was thinking about you yesterday because I heard that song "mela-ka-lee-kee-luck-uc is the thing to say, on a bright Hawaiian Christmas day..." Obviously I have no idea how to spell that. :) Sounds like you are having fun!!

Erin said...

Yahoo for Hawaii! It looks like you're having a wonderful trip. Thanks for the post - it looks warm and sounds relaxing! Enjoy the rest of your stay!

April said...

Hey Aim--
I'm jealous! It's been snowing here TONS~
Glad you are having a nice, somewhat relaxing vacation. Talk again soon.
Love you bunches!